Author: admin

Memorial Day Program

Memorial Day Program

Gerry Route 60 Cemetery

May 26th, 2019

Pledge of Allegiance by:  Paul Cooley

National Anthem:  Cassadaga Valley Band

Invocation: Chaplin Diane Shaw, Cassadaga Post 1280

Reading of “Logan’s Orders” by:  Emily Wakelee

     Placing of the Wreath by: Orlo D. Bartholomew, US Navy Veteran, Served September 11, 2014 to September 11, 2018.  A resident of Gerry, NY.  Served on the USS Tortuga and the USS Truxtun.  Orlo is the Great Grandson of US Navy Veteran, O. Winston Bartholomew, and the Great Grandson of US Airforce Veteran Charles R. Howard and the Grandson of US Navy Veteran O. Dennis Bartholomew.    

Amazing Grace by:  Pipe Band- 96th Highlanders

     Introduction of the Grand Marshall.  Matthew Kohler, Resident of Gerry for 20 years, who grew up in Forestville, NY, Mr. Kohler joined the Navy in 1985 USS Saginaw LST1188 Engineman stationed out of Little Creek, Va.  Three cruises-Unitas, N. Atlantic, Mediterranean.  Reported to Special Board Unit 20 to work with the Navy Seals and served during Desert Storm.  Mr. Kohler currently resides in Gerry with his wife Carol and has two daughters, Melinda and Kaitlyn with four grandchildren, Ethan, Breanna, Rhett and Emma.

           A Special Thanks to all dignitaries for attending!

                Gettysburg Address by:  Rachael Lessinger

                Reading of “Flanders Field” by: Eva Jaquith  

     Guest Speaker, Susan Rowley, President of the Blue Star Mothers, Ms. Rowley resides in Frewsburg with her husband where she raised three children, Joshua, Matthew and Jessica and is a very proud grandmother of three.  She has served as the President of the Lake Erie New York Chapter 4 of the Blue Star Mothers for nearly 10 years and has been a member since 2007.  Her current position is as a Constitute Specialist with the New York Senate 57th District’s Jamestown office, where she had the honor of working alongside Former Senator Cathy Young for 4 years.  She is the mother of an active Air Force Master Sergeant who is in his 14th year of service.

Roll Call of Wars: Pat Hayward of Cassadaga Legion Auxiliary, County Auxiliary President.

Benediction: Pastor Roberta Mosier-Peterson, Gerry Free Methodist Church

Gun Salute:  Cassadaga Legion Post 1280

Taps:  Bugler:  Heather Holley          Echo:  Dr. Paul Holley

Raising the Flag to Full Mast: Cassadaga Legion Post 1280

Cassadaga Valley Band “America the Beautiful”

           The Memorial Committee Thanks you for attending this Service and would appreciate any monetary donations to help purchase flags for decorating our streets.  Please stop in or call at the Gerry Town Hall for details.  Thank you!

     The Chautauqua County Hometown Heroes Veterans Memorial Committee will be building a memorial for ALL Veterans in Chautauqua County at the Mayville Cemetery and they are looking for County Veterans not listed, or MIA or buried in foreign filed and not honored.  If you wish to purchase a sponsor brick please check their Facebook page for details at https://www.facebook.comHHero.CHQ – “Town of Chautauqua Hometown Heroes Veterans Memorial.”

Rabies Clinic

Rabies Clinic Saturday October 13th from 9am – noon at the Town of Gerry Highway Garage.

No files found in this folder.

Town Board Applications

A local government area (LGA) is an administrative division of a country that a local government is responsible for. The size of an LGA varies by country but it is generally a subdivision of a state, province, division, or territory.

Read More

Temporary Sign Permit Application

Traffic signs or road signs are signs erected at the side of or above roads to give instructions or provide information to road users. The earliest signs were simple wooden or stone milestones.

Read More

Residential Parking Permit

Residential zoned parking is a local government practice of designating certain on-street automobile parking spaces for the exclusive use of nearby residents.

Read More

Parking Strategic Plan

Parking is the act of stopping and disengaging a vehicle and leaving it unoccupied. Parking on one or both sides of a road is often permitted, though sometimes with restrictions.

Read More

Fire Marshal Forms

A fire marshal or “Fire Commissioner”, in the United States and Canada, is often a member of a state, provincial or territorial government, but may be part of a building department or a separate department altogether

Read More

Drug & Alcohol Policy

A drug policy is the policy, usually of a government, regarding the control and regulation of drugs considered dangerous, particularly those which are addictive.

Read More